Certified Public Accountant (CPA), CVA, CM&AA, CGMA,
"I left PricewaterhouseCoopers because I wanted to make an impact on the success of business owners. I wouldn't change a minute of it."
To check the background of this investment professional, visit FINRA's BrokerCheck.
John developed an appreciation for the analysis of financial information -- and the powerful impact it has on business decisions -- at an early age. He grew up in New York as the son of a prominent certified public accountant. After graduation, John accepted a position at PricewaterhouseCoopers. Wanting to bring his large-firm expertise to small businesses, he and his wife, Darci, founded Bly & Bly, CPA, which grew to become LB&A. The firm name was changed to LB&A, Certified Public Accountants, PLLC in 2011 and then merged with Haynes Strand and Company PLLC, doubling the size of the Firm and creating LBA Haynes Strand, PLLC. Despite a challenging economy, John's leadership helped the firm earn the distinction of being one of the fastest-growing CPA firms in the Charlotte region.
In 2015, John along with Saeed Moghadam, founded LBA Haynes Strand Capital Advisors, LLC. LBA Haynes Strand has been active in the M&A marketplace since the firm's inception, not only providing advisory services to clients but also growing the firm through M&A. With the history of the firm and the tidal wave of M&A activity that will take place in the next decade, it was a natural addition to the LBA Haynes Strand suite of services. This branch of the firm focuses on the capital needs of small to mid-sized companies. John is a Managing Director of LBA Haynes Strand Capital Advisors, where he is putting his passion to work.
When you're facing a complex business decision, John helps you determine the best possible outcome. He develops a strategic plan, then works with you to take advantage of opportunities, overcome obstacles and deliver the best CPA results possible. John's emphasis on being a proactive business partner empowers him to deliver insightful information and practical advice to help you circumvent challenges before they arise.
John gives back to the community by leading the company in projects to benefit nonprofit organizations serving children, seniors and the under-resourced. John led the firm's support of Urban Ministries, where he prepared and served hot lunches for 368 people. Most recently, John involved the firm in a day of work at LIFESPAN, which helps mentally challenged adults in Greensboro prepare for the workforce.
John is a dynamic international business consulting speaker and author of Cracking the Code: An Entrepreneur's Guide to Growing Your Business Through Mergers and Acquisitions for Pennies on the Dollar.
In his spare time, John enjoys being with his family, playing golf and traveling internationally. John also sits on the Global Board of Directors for the Entrepreneurs' Organization. In this role, John is one of nine members that leads the organization's strategic decisions.
- Bryant College (Summa Cum Laude)
- University of Denver (Master of Science in Taxation)
- MIT (Entrepreneurial Masters Program; class of 2015)
- Entrepreneurs' Organization (EO) Leadership Academy
- AICPA, PCPS Editorial Advisory Group
- AICPA (Business Valuation Services; practice section)
- Association for Corporate Growth (Charlotte Chapter)
- Charlotte Entrepreneurs' Organization (EO)
- Charlotte Preparatory School Board of Trustees
- Entrepreneurs Organization (President 2011)
- EO Accelerator (Regional Speaker and Facilitator)
- EO Global Audit Committee
- EO Global Finance Facilitator (North America and Asia)
- EO Global Standing Finance Committee
- EO President (2011)
- EO Standing Finance Committee
- Firm Foundation Advisory Board (former member)
- M&A Advisor 40 Under 40 (2013)
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA)
- NC Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified Public Accountant NC #30480
- Certified Valuation Analyst
- Certified Merger & Acquisition Advisor (CM&AA)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Series 7 General Securities Representative
- Series 66 Uniform Combined State Law
- 2013 National M&A Advisor 40 Under Forty
- 2013 Managing Partner Elite by "Accounting Today"
- Charlotte Business Journal 40 Under Forty for 2011
- Advantage Best Sellng Author
- 2014 NACVA - CTI 40 Under Forty
Securities offered through ProEquities, Inc., a Registered Broker Dealer and member FINRA and SIPC. Advisory Services offered through Honkamp Krueger Financial Services, Inc., a Registered Investment Advisor. LBA Haynes Strand, PLLC is independent of ProEquities, Inc.
This material is being provided for informational purposes only with the understanding that neither HKFS nor ProEquities is rendering tax, legal or accounting advice. Please consult with your CPA or other appropriate advisors on all matters pertaining to legal, accounting or tax obligations and requirements.