As your team of trusted advisors, one of our main objectives is to provide you with the knowledge and resources to help you achieve your goals. In today’s digital world, we understand that you are susceptible to cybercrime and identity theft daily.
We have compiled a few cybersecurity tips to help protect you against these threats:
- Understand that you are a target. It is a mistake to assume that you will not be targeted by a hacker or cyber-criminal. If you let your guard down, you put your personal and financial well-being at risk.
- Update your devices and their software. It is important to keep your computer and any additional internet-connected devices such as your smart phone or tablet updated. These updates are sent out because vulnerabilities have been found.
- Keep your passwords strong and do not reuse them across multiple sites. Ensure that the passwords you are using are unique and would not be easily identified.
- Think before you click (or open). Be careful when clicking links or opening attachments within an email. If something seems suspicious, it probably is. In order to check, hover your cursor over a link before clicking. When doing this, you are able to preview the link allows to ensure you will be directed to a safe site.
- Physically protect your devices. Take every precaution to prevent your computer from being used or stolen by unauthorized individuals. Laptops are easy targets for theft so it is important to store them in a secure and locked location when not in use.
As your team of trusted advisors, we want to encourage you to take the necessary steps to protect you and your business against cybercrime. To begin protecting yourself, be proactive and have a complete understanding of the cybersecurity tips in this post.
LBA Haynes Strand aims to alert the public on any scam or fraudulent attempt to steal identities or gain access to important financial information. To automatically receive updates like these, subscribe to our newsletter.