We are giving you some new and exciting ways to spend the 4th of July holiday in Greensboro and around the Piedmont Triad area! Check out the events below for suggestions on how you can make the most of your holiday weekend!
Friday July 3rd & Saturday July 4th
Fun Fourth Festival
Where: Downtown Greensboro – S. Green, S. Elm, Washington, & McGee Streets (click here for a PDF map)
- Friday: Kickoff Block Party: 7-11pm
- Saturday: Freedom Run & Walk: 8am
- Parade & Street Festival: 9:30am – 6:30pm
- Pops Concert & Fireworks: 7:30pm – 10pm
Description: The Fun Fourth Festival has been presented annually since 1975 as a community celebration of Independence Day for Guilford County and the greater Piedmont Triad Area. This year, over 90,000 people are expected to attend! Fun Fourth events include a Freedom Run, a Kickoff Block Party, a Parade and Street Festival, a Pops Concert, and of course, Fun Fourth Fireworks Finale. Fun Fourth maintains all of the favorite American Independence Day traditions and offers great entertainment and exhibits, many of which are free! For more information, click here.
Saturday July 4th
Uncle Sam Jam
Where: High Point; Oak Hollow Festival Park
Time: 4:30pm – Gates Open; 9:45pm – Fireworks
Description: Celebrate the 4th of July with outdoor live music, food vendors, children’s crafts, entertainment, activities, and fireworks! Parking will be available at the park and in surrounding lots. Come out and enjoy an event that is great for the whole family! **Fee is $10 per car load.
Independence Day Celebration
Where: Winston-Salem; Old Salem Historic District
Time: 9:30am – 4:30pm
Description: Join Old Salem Museum & Gardens for a special Independence Day celebration! Enjoy hands-on activities, demonstrations, music, games and more, including a moving naturalization ceremony at 10am, throughout the historic district. Historic Buildings will close at 4pm for all guests to join together in the Square for a 4:15pm re-enactment of the 1783 celebration of July 4th by the Moravians in Salem! Click here to find out more about this spectacular event!
Winston-Salem Dash Baseball Game & Fireworks
Where: Winston-Salem; BB&T Ballpark
Description: Spend your Saturday evening at the BB&T Ballpark cheering on the Winston-Salem Dash as they take on the Wilmington Blue Rocks! Youngsters can run the bases after the game, and be sure to sick around for the postgame fireworks show! Click here to purchase tickets.
Stars and Stripes Spectacular
Where: Greensboro; Newbridge Bank Park
Description: Cheer on the Greensboro Grasshoppers as they take on the Hickory Crawdads! Celebrate July 4th after the game with the Stars and Stripes Spectacular fireworks show, presented by Tanger Outlets. Get your tickets here!
These are some of the most popular events in the surrounding Piedmont Triad area:
- Greensboro, NC: Wet ‘n Wild Emerald Pointe’s Sky Scream Fireworks Show – Extended park hours are 10am – 9pm, Fireworks at 9:15pm – emeraldpointe.com
- Kernersville, NC: 4th of July Fireworks and Splash B4 the Blast – Swimming & Giveaways at the Kernersville YMCA, Live Music & Fireworks starting at 6:30 pm at the Kernersville Raiders football field – toknc.com
- Lexington, NC: Fantastic Fourth Celebration – A great family event for children & kids of all ages; Fireworks begin between 9pm and 9:30pm – visitlexingtonnc.com/fantastic-fourth-of-july-festival
We hope you enjoy your 4th of July! Remember to stay safe! If you’re going to be handling fireworks, please click HERE for important safety tips! Happy Independence Day!